Saturday, November 7, 2009

Peavine Falls


Day 10

So I had quite the busy day planned for today: Wake up, Do laundry, exercise, go to Oak Mountain State Park, then Disney on Ice, out to eat, home, more chores, watch the healthcare debate, upload photo, sleep. Needless to say a few of the items on my to do list didn't get done...

This shot took some work to get. I first climbed the treacherous terrain to the top of Peavine Falls only to find that, while it was pretty, there was not much that was photo worthy to be seen from up there besides a long drop down and a few streams... I then hiked all the way down to the bottom of the falls. Upon arrival I saw this before me. Great shot! Total hiking time: 2.5 hours. Total time taking pictures (including tripod setup): 2.5 minutes. Now I'm sore and I just need a good massage. I think it was worth it.

See the color version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment